Baggage?

I tend to pack light and without much fuss. I am quite the opposite of every woman who takes care to fold things just right, who plans out an outfit for every day that she will be away, who wishes she had brought just a few more things. The baggage I carry in actual bags is light indeed.

What about that other kind of baggage? I’d like to think I do not carry around a load of emotional baggage, but honestly, I believe the emotional baggage I have gets stored away most of the time because I am just too busy doing other things.

I do think that most of us have things that can cripple us or stop us in our tracks if we dwell too long or too hard on them, and so I have found that ignoring these things has worked for me (which tends to point towards the fact that my emotional baggage is not huge. I have only the stories of childhood, teenage, or adult trauma, you know the normal stuff).

That is not to say I do not have days when I drag out the bag and sneak a peek every once in awhile. I can probably be as dramatic and theatrical as the next person, just ask my family, but that sort of thinking is not productive. It's going backwards instead of moving forward. Its negative energy that starts off poisoning me then trickles down through all the people that I know and love so I try my best to not have negative thoughts or energy. It has taken me many years to come to this place, but I really do view life as a journey of learning the lessons we need to learn . . . some of the lessons I learn quickly, and some I need to learn over and over again because I am too stubborn to get a clue. Maybe a few times a clue x 4 is needed to get my attention sometimes.

My emotional baggage is in storage most of the time in my life. I'm not afraid of it, but I don't think it helps me to be dragging it out and laboring over it all the time. It's a part of who I am but it does not define me. I do the defining in my life trying to get by with the positive and rid myself of the past negative. Working towards being the person I want to be when I finally get things right is what I focus on . . . not the baggage that might have gotten me off track.

I look ahead to new horizons, not back. I travel light and embrace this adventure that is our life.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores