Starry night

Tonight standing under the stars in the freezing cold, talking to my Mama many thousands of miles and a world away. The quiet here at night is so deafening I can hardly think about sleep. The stars are so bright . . . even in the middle of town . . . that sometimes I can do nothing more than look up at them and wonder what ancient humans thought of the heavens, a thought that never even occurred to me when I lived in the city. When I lived in Atlanta, I hardly ever looked up.

What a beautiful night it is right now outside . . . there is a cold wind blowing, the kind of wind where the sharp coldness cuts right through you leaving you refreshed, awake, and vibrant. And then what a reward . . . to look up into the dark night sky, speckled with the shimmering light of twinkling stars . . . something we didn't get to see to often in the south.

Beautiful as a description seems so weak trying to put into words so I just stood there, what a joy it was to just be still and take in all in . . . the glow of the night sky as the ‘lights’ came out, the coolness of the season, all wrapped up in the magnificence of one of the most breathtaking creations God's given us. Aurora . . . what a gift to us, I wish I had the ability to capture the true beauty of it all.

As I left the office to go home tonight I couldn't help but look up at the amazing starscape that was out. When we look up into the night sky, the stars are distributed in a random manner, there is no pattern. But the night sky looks less strange to us because our mind seeks to put it into patterns. There is no order to the stars that make up the Big Dipper, or Cassiopeia, but we see the patterns they form and it seems ordered to us.

There wasn't a cloud to be seen but there was millions of twinkling lights and the green/yellowish glow that seemed to dance over the universe.

It is good to be alive!

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores