“Life in Technicolor”

Benjamin Franklin said, "Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing".

An old friend recently emailed me that her mom had passed and I could sense the loss in the brief words that were wrote informing me. I knew that loss from my own dad’s passing when I was young.

I wrote a few words and wanted to fill the void I knew was missing but as I wrote I drew from my own loss years ago. I filled the rest with my experiences here in Alaska. Not much I thought but the reply seemed to find its mark. Solace over the miles.

I was told it’s never too late to write my book or two. I have one nearly completed that is gathering dust on my hard drive that I should finish and work to find a publisher and another that is started but that too sitting in my mind that is waiting for that much needed down time to find my loving fingers on the keyboard. Sadly it is like many things that get put on the back burner until that time it is brought to the top of the pile. My usual time for working on my book is during the long dark nights of winter and that time is upon us once again.

Make the effort to live Life in Technicolor wherever you may be. Find that place that makes you feel the most alive and as Nike has told us . . . “Just Do It”! My place is here in the north land right now as I do not know where else I should be . . . I enjoy the water around my legs fly fishing for rainbow trout or wading out in those glacial cold rivers for that next salmon. Seeing the moose in my yard eating the leftover Halloween pumpkin half buried in the early season snow.

Those small things in life bring calmness and a slowing effect to my normally hurried self. Make sure you find that thing that brings about calm and clarity to your lives.

May your creel be full and a warm fire light your way.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores