Obama Scorpion & the Frog Fable

Tonight there was a lot to laugh about as SNL’s Presidential Bash 2008 brought plenty of old and new skits for everyone to enjoy. Some of the old greats were remembered and the current nominee’s showed a slightly fun side of themselves much needed in this long campaign.


There is only a few hours left to exercise your right to vote . . . Get out and cast your ballot as the poles have already opened on the ‘left coast’ in New Hampshire.


I am reminded of an old child’s fable that sheds light on my feeling of what I fear of Barack Obama`s campaign and possible tenure running the country.


Once upon a time there was a scorpion that desperately wanted to cross a river because on the other side was a lovely female scorpion waiting for him.

But since scorpions can not swim he was sure to drown if he tried to cross the river.

Hop, hop, hop along came a frog intent on crossing the river too. Now frogs are perfect swimmers so it would be a piece of cake for our little frog to cross the river.


Froggy take me on your back & bring me across the river said the scorpion.

No way, replied the frog, you surely will sting me with your venomous tail and then I will die.


On my scorpions Honor, I will not sting you if you bring me across the river, said the scorpion.


Ok, hop on my back said the frog. Simple said is simple done and off went the frog with the scorpion on his back.


When they were halfway across the river the scorpion stung the poor frog with his venomous tail.


The frog turned his head & said with his last breath: Why? Now we both will die.


I can not help it replied the scorpion, it is my nature.


Just like the scorpion in the fable, that's what I feel Obama will do. Sting the hard working Americans, hurting everyone in the long run with unsure and untested policies.


Spread the wealth around


Get out and vote!


Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores