Life Observation # 105

When all else fails,

Read the instructions.


Today was one of those almost perfect days of springtime in Alaska.


Everyone was out and about, cleaning up the city, taking care of the yard work needed after a long hard winter. There were long lines at the two ‘free dumps’ where the city opens up the landfills for two weekends in the spring to allow everyone to clean up the debris from winter, their garages and sheds as well as get rid of those old tires sitting in the yard the last three seasons.


At my house there was pressure washing going on, painting, laying out a new deck I’m about to build. There was a makeover of a bedroom, a quick trip out to buy a queen bed and table off Craig’s List and gathering all the items for a run to the trash dump either tomorrow or next weekend.


Lastly I tried to kick back late in the afternoon to sit outside and watch the world go by. It did not last long as I was asked to look at the hot tub so I can demo it to remove it from one of our existing decks to be relocated. I’m a plumber not an electrician so when it came time to cut off the power before working on it . . . I didn’t do it.


Needless to say, when I got back up off the ground after being shocked to the point I was seeing stars. Next time it says . . . Turn off power before working on electrical . . . please do it right then and save yourself from those nasty jolts that knock you on your ass and leave you stupid for a time.


Just a thought.


Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores