On the road again . . .

Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes.  Sometimes again and again, which I guess is called growth.  I had started to settle into this nice place called Gresham, Oregon which still has a small town feel about it.  My friends here and the new friends I have made since arriving gave me a since of extended family and support during a time where it was a welcome change for me.

A few days ago my childhood friend, brother-in-law, brother, and all around great guy passed into the night going on ahead to scout for the rest of us remaining on this earth.  It was a moment several thousand miles away which still impacted me to the core of my soul.  Family is a funny thing, no matter how far away or how infrequent you may see them when something happens it is a time to drop everything, pack up and head to them to comfort, support, and be there in times of need.

Such is my life this week, stopping what I had going on, packing and planning an exit from this very nice place I was surprised to find and once again find myself on the road. Ten thousand more horizons in front of me till I find my way back to Atlanta which I left so long ago.  Probably several life time’s ago now which is strange for me to think about returning to my childhood area.  I do not look forward to the traffic and the many more people than I am used to for many years now.  I do it for love of family and a sense of purpose right now.

Placido Flamingo is packed up once again and ready to go, leaving early Sunday morning on a somewhat revised itinerary from my plans when I left Alaska three months ago.  No international borders to cross only thirteen states with the varied terrain, vegetation, and people along my way.  Hopefully there will be a few that I come across who are deserving of a story or mention but this will not be a leisurely trip across country but a somewhat forced march across the miles.

Thank you Oregon for the unexpected, wonderful place I found.  Thanks to all my friends here for the hospitality shown me during my stay.  Jan and Nate it was great being able to stay and work on the house sharing in your lives during this time.  The bee trips were wonderful and unexpected joys watching you all work the boxes and see the progress of the hives.  Colin and Donna-Lee it was great spending time with you and I hope to return soon.  To the new friends I have made while here it was great meeting making friendships and working with you along the way.

Life changes and we all have to adjust, adapt and make the required course corrections, recalculating along the way.  It is not easy but I guess necessary to survive and continue on. 


My theory on life is that life is beautiful. You have a day, and a night, and a month, and a year. We people change . . . we can be miserable or we can be happy.  It's what you make of your life. 

“I wonder what is around the bend” . . .

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores