Where it all started, 11-07-2005

I've had several people recently ask me how long I have been blogging and how did it all start.  I searched back through the archives and found my second post (first real post) where it all started.  My inquisitive side (plus my office at the time was in the laundry room) so my imagination took over and many years later has taken me on many travels, thoughts about many subjects and just weird observations along the way.  If you have some free time go back through the archives and enjoy some good reads along the way. (Most are a great length for bathroom reading, lol).

Did you ever wonder?

A couple of nights ago after a really long week I was sitting in my washing machine trying to figure out how the Downy Ball works.

The water was really cold until I hit the button for Hot/Cold water and changed the setting to “extra large” load. I like using the Downy “Enhancer” Ball for that clean fresh smell it gives all of my clothes and sheets. I especially like the “April Fresh” scent. The “Soft Ocean Mist” really didn’t do a lot for me as I guess I have never really been a “beach person”. The “Mountain Spring” scent was nice but the constant draw of mosquitoes and other flying insects kept me from using this one.

I pour that nice silky Blue Liquid into the Ball, put the rubber top on it and drop it into the water next to me. It floats along side me during the wash cycle.

I watched and waited for something to happen to the little Ball. I waited . . . And waited. Nothing happened with the Ball but this cycle was a little uncomfortable for me as the agitator keep hitting my leg and also knocking my head into the top rim of the wash tub. This cycle lasted about 9 minutes but soon led to the really fun part.

Have you ever been to the Fair and rode the big Barrel Ride? The spin cycle is almost like that ride.You start spinning around faster and faster. Everything is a blurrrrr on both of these. The Fair ride has the floor fall away below you about 3 feet and everyone is pinned to the walls for several minutes as the ride continues. The force keeps you solidly against the wall until the floor is brought back up to your feet.

The spin cycle is similar in that you are turning so fast. I tried to watch the Downy Ball but could not see it below me. When we stopped spinning and I finally got my wits about me I looked down and saw that the little rubber plug top had slid down into the Blue liquid. The ball again floated but this time the liquid was mixing with the water as this fresh smell and smooth feeling crept all over me. It was a state of mind I have not been to in a long while. After this adventure I am not sure I will attain this feeling again anytime soon.
Over the next 10 minutes was another rinse and repeat spin cycle which made me to dizzy to write this down until today.

Going through our lives is an ever learning and always “mind expanding” experience. Don’t just sit on the sidelines of life, always seek those truly unique experiences to learn and explore our weird and fascinating world. Remember what Forrest Gump said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get."

Now you know the secret of the Downy Ball but I enjoyed every minute of this one.
Winter is fast approaching with snow now falling on the mountaintops and the need to find ways to entertain ourselves during the long darkness. I probably should have saved this for December but it was too good to wait that long.

Oh and before I forget, when you climb into that over sized dryer for another unique experience that should not be missed, always throw in that Downy Dryer sheet to remove all that “static cling” from those tumbles. I always hated having all kinds of socks and underwear hanging off of me when I climb out of the Dryer. It has always bothered me when I get those extra stares from the people when that extra sock or ladies underwear falls off as I walk out of the Laundromat.

Icewind

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores