Aunt Betty, Gone on Ahead

Aunt Betty
Gone on Ahead

My Aunt Betty, who Johnny and I visited many times in our adventures passed away yesterday in north Florida.  It was a cold but beautiful morning that she never realized was happening around her.  For the last ten years Alzheimer’s had stolen the beautiful woman that I knew in my youth.  It took from her the spirit and funny person that our family knew.  It stripped her of her pride and I’m sure her vanity over these last years, AZ is such a terrible disease.

In passing she is survived by brothers and a sister (mama), sons and daughters, grandkids, nieces and nephews (me).  The shell she became is gone but I will remember Betty as the fun loving and funny aunt that I took the Southern Crescent train to Florida each summer to spend time camping on Pensacola Beach, exploring Perido Key and having fun with my cousins.


Ice 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores