Alaskan Trivia . . .

Silly stuff due from too much darkness and the ice fog on a night I am under the weather. I hardly ever feel sick but tonight I feel like a truck hit me earlier today.

Tonight we're taking our dog sled around our state, Alaska, for a little fun and some nonsense so let's get started . . .

If I remember correctly, Alaska's state flower is the forget-me-not . . .
I'll let you think about that one for a minute . . .

Alaska became the 49th state on January 3rd, 1959, although it was 2 more years before our star thawed out enough for it to be sewn onto the flag.

Alaskan native Eskimos have over 200 different words for "cold", all of which start with "Damn!" Like that line? I stole it from Right Wing Duck while he was sneaking across the border.

The fishing industry is Alaska's largest private employer. The second largest is importing mail order brides from Russia.

All the rivers in Alaska during the winter are frozen solid, making Alaska the only state in the US where it's safe to ride in a car driven by Ted Kennedy. (Sorry couldn’t resist that one)

90% of Alaska's oil is pumped to the lower 48 states via the Alaskan pipeline. The other 10% is pumped directly into Prince William Sound just to irritate Greenpeace. After almost 20 years Exxon has finally ­­­wormed their way through the court system and are almost to the point of being forced to paying for the ecological tragedy of the Exxon Valdez tanker running aground onto Bligh Reef March 24, 1989 spilling almost 11 million gallons of crude oil into the pristine waters of Prince William Sound.

Contrary to popular myth there are no penguins in Alaska. Try looking in Gotham city. If I remember correctly I think Batman used to fight him there many years ago.

Be well and have a great weekend!

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores