Alaskan Mixed Bag Monday

Today has been a mixed bag of things going on here in the northland.


Anchorage finally dropped the price of gasoline to below $ 3.50 a gallon today while word on the news is saying the Lower 48 is seeing gas prices about a dollar a gallon less than here and a few areas that the price has dropped lower than $ 2.00. That’s great for those areas and hopefully we will see something around two fifty before long.


There was the rumor of traffic here today as the traffic engineers were working on the traffic lights by the Dimond Mall. They turned them off at 9 AM this morning for maintenance and other work and should have them operational around midnight. It did not make for a fun day for anyone who had to drive around the area as there were vehicles backed up in all directions while the flaggers directed traffic in the below freezing temperatures. It was only 9 degrees this morning and rose only to about 25 when I left the office at 6 PM tonight.


I could see the late afternoon traffic heading south towards the mall on the New Seward Highway as I drove north. It was backed up for almost three miles which is something I have not seen since leaving Atlanta in 1995. Has it been that long since I’ve seen the harried lifestyle that so many ‘choose’ to continue? I’m so glad I found an escape from those pressures and aggravations during those daily drives to and from work. I’m in a different ‘harried life’ here with those continuous things that come with the varied seasons of work, fun, and fishing. Did I leave out hunting and snow machining?


The news also had a verdict in the Ted Stevens trial . . . guilty.


I guess it’s sad that a man with such long history of good service of Alaska gets to end his career for losing sight of his ‘paperwork’. I am not saying he was greedy or not . . . or that he didn’t understand his actions or failure to disclose his ‘gifts’ but either way another sad day for Alaskan politics.


I’m writing now on a new computer my kids gave me and it is great working from a new keyboard and a 22” monitor. They had it built for me with gaming and my bidding requirements and it works great. I am still loading my programs and trying to get everything moved over to this new box so it may put me offline for a bit but hopefully not for more than an evening.


One last thing . . . with the clear cold nights the last couple of days the Big Dipper has been visible and I saw that God had turned on the “Lights” last night or as it was . . . early this morning. It’s always great to see the Aurora dancing across the sky.

Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores