Duty, Honor, Country

I had an interesting phone call from my daughter this afternoon. One I was not sure how I would react.


She called today to let me know she is in the process of getting her orders for Iraq. She will probably do training to prepare for her Guard unit to deploy in a couple of months.


Pride was my first reaction and then the thought of my daughter gaining a Life Experience only the few see first hand.


Another briefly went through my mind was a daughter in combat . . . but I know she can handle anything put to her besides her training and attention to detail will carry her through. Its funny when she first joined I knew she understood what Duty, Honor, and Country meant and the sacrifices of leaving her husband and son during her times of deployment. Soon those will take on an added dimension to her life.


One Friend Comes Home and another goes in to stand post.


Cheers to both!


Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores