Mamma Mia Madness

My wife and her friend are in the living room this Saturday evening watching Mamma Mia and the competing sounds of music are battling each other as I sit in my office with a DVD of my friends, Cullowhee’s music on my computer.


The sounds of Appalachia and the Mediterranean are mixing into a not so interesting sound. I walked out to grab a snack and the sight of Pierce Brosnan attempting to sing was more than I wanted to see. He was not that great as James Bond but now I think he is reduced in my mind to his role in Dante’s Peak.


I’ll stick to my mixture of bluegrass and the varied sounds of my friends. With all that has been going on these last few months it is nice to settle in for a day of music with old friends. From the days of Back Porch Picker, Fishin’, Natural Mountain Woman, to the wonderful sounds of Flute Salad and Bring Back the Magic I am immersed in the river of times past and all of the hope and wonder we all had about the world around us and the tight nit group of friends who gathered most nights at the local Stake and Ale or Charley McGruder’s for a fun filled time of laughter and music. What happened to those day’s (night’s)? All the Louisville trips for Derby week and Peter Outlaw’s were great fun.


We’ve all grown older but I can still see that old spark from those times gone by. Has it been almost twenty five years? We are all scattered around the country now with me in Alaska, Terry & Mike in North Carolina, Thom & Sandy in the Atlanta area while Woody has spent the last twenty years in Key West hangin’ out probably taught a few people some great licks.


The sounds of our youth now after so many years still the anthem in our never ending circle of life. The day turned into a nice relaxing day full of tunes and a natural stopping of all the chaos lately here in the far north.


Feel free to click on the links on the song titles for a listen to a couple of great songs.


Ice


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores