Sunday's Ramblings

This is just a few things for today.


I enjoy watching the acting and conflicts on the TV series The West Wing and one of the actors, John Spencer died Friday. He will be missed both in the show and by those who knew him in real life.

R.I.P. John Spencer The West Wing

He told a story about Friendship on one of the episodes in 2000 that always stayed with me and I would like to share it with you:

A man falls down a hole and can't get out.

A doctor walks by and the man shouts, "Hey! I'm stuck down here. Can you help me?" The doctor writes out a prescription, tosses it down and walks away.

A little later a priest walks by. The man shouts up again, "Help! I'm down here and can't get out." The priest says a prayer and walks off.

Later still a friend walks by. The man shouts, "Hey, Joe! I'm down in this hole and can't get out." The friend jumps down into the hole.

The man says, "Why did you do a stupid thing like that? Now we are both stuck down here." The friend says, "Yeah, but I've been here before and I know the way out."

  • Leo McGarry (John Spencer) to Josh Lyman (Brad Whitford), The West Wing, "Noel" 20 Dec 2000

Ron sent me this Tennessee State Trooper joke. I heard it as a Georgia joke, but the person who told it to me was from there. Change it to your state if you want. It's even better if the two guys pulled over are rednecks.

Two men were driving through Georgia when they got pilled over by a State Trooper. The cop walked up and tapped on the window with his nightstick.

The driver rolled down the window and WHACK, the cop smacked him in the head with his nightstick.

"What the hell was that for?" the driver asked.

"You're in Georgia, son," the trooper answered. "When we pull you over in Georgia, you better have your license ready by the time we get to your car."

"I'm sorry, officer," the driver said, "I'm not from around here."

The trooper runs a check on the guy's license--he's clean and gives the guy his license back. The trooper then walks around to the passenger side and taps on the window.

The passenger rolls down the window and WHACK", the trooper smacks him on the head with the nightstick.

"What you do that for?" the passenger demands.

"Just making your wish come true," replied the trooper.

"Making WHAT wish come true?" the passenger asked.

"Because I know your type," the trooper says, "two miles down the road you're gonna turn to your buddy and say, 'I wish that asshole would've tried that shit with me!'

Employee Christmas Party MEMO - Continued

December 17 . . . To All Employees

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Hanukkah is an important holiday and often coincides with Christmas (although not this year). However, from now on we're calling this party our Holiday Party. The same policy also applies to employees who are celebrating Kwanzaa at this time. There will be no tree or Christmas carols sung.

Happy holidays to you and yours.

Patty Lewis, Human Resources Director

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores