Dropped Calls . . .

Or when will they come up with waterproof phones?


What would you do . . .


when you've dropped your cell phone in the toilet?


Sometimes we get in a hurry and do stupid things and recently I did one that gave me a pause . . . as in should I or shouldn’t I?


I was in my office and it was the typical morning with several phones ringing at the same time, the office phone, 2 cell phones, and a fax machine. I had tried to go to the bathroom several times and it just was not happening so I figured I would do the next best thing since the restroom is only about ten feet from my desk. Yes, it’s fun right after one of my chili eating, Chinese or sushi eating lunches.


I happily did my thing and turned the water on to wash my hands as I reached across the toilet, bent down to flip the handle as I watched one of my two cell phones fly out of my shirt pocket doing a two and a half gainer before hitting the water with a near perfect splash.


There is that ultra brief moment that goes off inside your head in the decision making process as to whether to quickly stick your hand into the toilet water or find something to try and fish it out of Waterworld.

















Command decision time . . . I reached in and grabbed it out right away, but then what? Do you wash it off like you desperately want to? It was only in the water for a second . . . I immediately grabbed it, took out the battery, blotted up all the water and left it open the rest of the day and all night to completely dry it out. It's still acting funny . . . I was able to call Scott on it this morning, but I couldn't hear him clearly. It sounded like he was underwater, lol. When I plug it in to charge it, it repeatedly made little beeping noises the first two days. Things are not looking good for it so I will probably make a trip to GCI to see if the service department can fix it. Oh the difficulties of life.

Anyway, someone once spilled a cup of water right into my laptop. Since it eventually started (semi)functioning again, I'm hoping for the same with this cell phone. Electronics care and upkeep are not my forte. (Does GCI sell carrier pigeons with their Unlimited Plan?)


In the past I wouldn't have cared too much what replacement phone I end up with, but now I'm not as sure as there are many new ones out there since I had gotten this old dinosaur.


The bright side . . . I now have a designer phone . . . as the screen seems to have a slight yellow tint of color to it now.


Ice

Comments

JeanMac said…
"sounded like he was under water" - too funny - I've have folks tell me they just let it dry well and usually the phone works again.
Anonymous said…
I had a meeting with a PR team that I was interviewing. They flew in from out-of-town. They were in their interview suits. They were prepared. But wouldn't you know it, the world was working against them. The woman dropped her phone in the toilet right before our meeting. And wouldn't you know it, that was the first thing they told me. Did it break the ice? I guess so. But I didn't shake anyone's hand.

Good luck with your underwater phone.
Icewind said…
Laura, that may be why people seem to not want to shake mine either last week.

I washed with a good biodegradable soap too.

The sad part is we are creatures of habit and I almost lost another one this afternoon when I got into a hurry trying to clean the bathroom so the new gal we hired recently wouldn't think she is getting stuck with those duties all the time.

Thanks,

Ice

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores