Global Warming, Ironic “Cause” this Day

It seems sometimes I live within my own inner sunset.


This winter has been colder than normal and we are finally breaking this subzero freeze that has had us in its ugly grasp for the last two weeks. Things have been almost in the brutal range as there have been pipe freeze ups, water main breaks, house fires, and accidents all over Anchorage and we have had things in the ‘better than them’ category at only minus 25-30 below zero. The interior of Alaska has been in the -50 to 75 below for almost the same time period. This cold spell is coming sooner than the normal mid February time frame and seems our normal twenty degrees is a thing of hopes and dreams now. We will get through the winter so the fun of spring and summer can begin. Summer last year was a cold and cloudy affair. I only hope things will return to normal for another great fishing season.


Recently, there have been kids getting signatures for a variety of causes around town and out by my house. The one that bothers me the most are the guilt trip inducing ones usually around the malls standing with clip board in hand as they say, "Have a moment for the environment?"



I always smile and keep walking. But during the holiday’s one was out front as I made my way across the parking lot going into Best Buy. The kid with the clip board zeroed in on me as they must be trained to do. He had some difficulty talking trying to get his point across as people walked by. He was so cold that his teeth were actually chattering. His breath caused that nice icy frost on his moustache but he managed to look at me and with a straight face say, "Fight Global Warming."



Irony at five degrees, I just smiled as I walked by wearing my Hawaiian shirt.


I just love a good cause and the dedication to get the point across.



Ice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores