Gaza rocket attacks as a concept I can understand

I have been asked by several of my friends and business associates what I think of Israel's fight with Hamas in Gaza.


I thought about that last weekend while the buildup of forces looked like a ground battle was forthcoming. Over the last six years there have been over 6,000 rocket attacks from Gaza into Israel. Many of those rockets were fired from Hamas terrorists and others from the different splinter groups within that area. Fighting has been ongoing in the Middle East for several thousand years now and no real cease is likely to come anytime soon.


I thought for a few minutes to try to put things into a context that I could understand or convey to my friends and this is what I came up with in how I feel on the subject.


I came to the conclusion that if Canada started lobbing rockets from Toronto across the border into say Buffalo, New York or Vancouver into Bellingham, Washington then I think it would only take this country about three hours to put together enough outrage to warrant a counter attack.


Would innocent people get hurt or die . . . probably on both sides as that is the nature of war or aggression?


It is a sad situation that the people living in the Middle East live with the realities of war but that is all they have known for centuries. The culture has always been to wipe out the state of Israel off the face of the earth while the other side has tried to keep their promised land intact. It has been a never ending situation with a few cease fires or a brief amnesty every few years.


The children live in a society of killing the other side and the cycle of violence will not be broken with a stop in the fighting. It will not be solved with a ground strike by Israel as Hamas is dug in with a bloody battle plan ready and waiting to inflict pain or kidnap the soldiers bringing with it another form of terror to the people of Israel.


So . . . Do I understand it? Not really as I think the reasons for the conflict have been forgotten over the many centuries and now the descendants are into a deadly role playing scenario like the Hatfield’s and McCoy’s.


Everyone suffers and peace continues to elude those involved as well as those who surround this locale with the continued training of terror camps, the battle for the oil resources within the region and the instability of the world at large.


Peace on Earth . . . Hopefully in my lifetime.


Ice

Comments

JeanMac said…
I think you nailed it.
Icewind said…
Thanks Jean,

Sadly those getting 'nailed' by all of the devastation on both sides will not see any relief any time soon.

Ice

Popular posts from this blog

Morrison Springs - Ponce de Leon, Florida

Are Showing Your Nipples Appropriate Work Attire?

Biscuits and Whores